LICENSING SERVICES ARE MANAGED BY THE POST OFFICE.
PLEASE CONTACT THE POST OFFICE ON TELEPHONE +500 27159 OR VIA E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org FOR ANY QUERIES.
PROVISIONAL DRIVING LICENCES
A provisional licence can be requested by completing a Driving Licence Application Form C and must be submitted to the Licensing Clerk in person. The fee for this is £15.40 GBP and is valid for 3 months from date of issue.
EXCHANGE OF FOREIGN DRIVING LICENCES
All persons holding a valid and in-date foreign driving licence can drive in the Falkland Islands for up to 12 months, cumulative. All foreign driving licences must be exchanged to Falkland Islands driving licence within the cumulative 12 month period. The fee for this is £31.80 GBP and is valid permanently from date of issue.
To apply for an exchange of foreign licence to Falkland Islands driving licence, the list of requirements are below and must be submitted to the Licensing Clerk in person:
- Completed Driving Licence Application Form C.
- Original valid and in-date passport document showing stamp date of first entry to the Falkland Islands.
- Original valid and in-date foreign driving licence.
- Certified document from the country of issuing authority of the foreign driving licence which validates the following: (i.e. UK driving licence document/s are obtained from DVLA )
- Categories that the licence holder are qualified to drive.
- Any endorsements and/or driving convictions.
PHOTOCARD DRIVING LICENCE (OPTIONAL)
Photocard driving licence can be purchased (optional) at £5.35 GBP , and can be requested by completing a Driving Licence Application Form C and must be submitted to the Licensing Clerk in person.